As with last year, we have donated to charity rather than sending Christmas cards and gifts.
The charity chosen is WHO (World Health Organisation), which leads and coordinates the global effort, supporting countries to prevent, detect, and respond to the pandemic.
Donations received will go towards activities such as:
- Suppress transmission through public health and social measures, including detecting and testing cases, tracing and quarantining contacts, shielding high-risk groups
- Managing the infodemic and fighting disinformation and misinformation
- Protect the most vulnerable by building vaccine acceptance, ensurance vaccine deployment in all countries and carrying out vaccination campaigns
- Reduce mortality and morbidity and save lives by ensuring quality care, training of health workforce and access to essential commodities
- Accelerate equitable access to new COVID-19 tools, including vaccines, diagnostics and therapeutics in all countries